Sunday 28 February 2010

February 2010

This month I challenged myself to see, on average, a new film (at the cinema) every second day. I'm delighted to report that I have succeeded (cue slow hand-clapping from entirely unimpressed readers) and that as well as that I was able to squeeze in several other films on DVD.

The real highlight of February was the Glasgow Film Festival who were kind enough to give me press access to films over the opening weekend. The programme as a whole was diverse and interesting but the films that I saw were, universally, excellent. In addition festival director Alison Gardner was very welcoming and accommodating. I really cannot thank everyone at the festival enough.

March now beckons and I have lots of mainstream films to catch up on as well as the final few films of the Ozu season at the Filmhouse...yes, you can look forward to yet more review of films about Japanese family life!

Keep reading and spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment